8th International Conference on Internet, Law & Politics (IDP 2012). Challenges and Opportunities of Online Entertainment
9-10 July 2012
Deadline for abstract: 20 December, 2011
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (Open University of Catalonia, UOC) Law and Political Sciences department hereby invite scholars, practitioners and policy makers to participate in the 8th International Conference on Internet Law & Politics (IDP 2012): Challenges and Opportunities of Online Entertainment by submitting papers, from either legal or political science perspectives, focusing on the following topics:
- Online Entertainment and its implications in fields such as, among others, the legal framework of audiovisual communications, the liability of intermediaries, legal aspects of videogames and online gambling, social networking sites, behavioural advertising, privacy, data protection, defamation, protection of minors, intellectual property, new models of content distribution, user generated contents, illicit and harmful contents, net neutrality, new generation networks, antitrust.
Papers may also focus on:
- Legal issues relevant to the current status and future perspectives of the Internet, such as, among others, online privacy, data protection, intellectual property, ISP liability, freedom of expression, cybercrime, e-commerce.
- Issues regarding electronic government, such as, among others, open data, reuse of public sector information, political participation online, e-procurement, Internet governance.
Interested participants should first submit an abstract (a 300-word outline) of their paper by 20 December, 2011, indicating clearly its subject and scope, and including a provisional title. There is no need to use a template for submitting the abstract. The abstracts received will be peer-reviewed and authors will be notified of the outcome by 10 January, 2012.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to send the full paper by 26 March, 2012. Full papers should not exceed 8,000 words in length, including notes and references. For the full paper authors should use the conference template that will be available to download from the web. The full papers will be peer-reviewed as well. The outcome will be notified by 16 April, 2012. Final version of the paper (camera ready) should be sent by 30 April, 2012. All papers accepted will be included in the electronic proceedings of the Conference, which will hold an ISBN number. Accepted papers may also be selected for oral presentation at the Conference.
- Abstract submission: please submit a 300-word outline by 20 December, 2011.
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 10 January, 2012.
- Full paper submission: please submit the full paper by 26 March, 2012.
- Notification of full paper?s acceptance: 16 April, 2012.
- Final version (camera ready): 30 April, 2012.
Please send all submissions by electronic mail in a .DOC or .ODT document to: email@example.com