The 9th International Conference Crossroads in Cultural Studies will be held in Paris, France, from July 2nd to 6th, 2012, hosted by Sorbonne Nouvelle University and UNESCO.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The city of Paris has a long and complex history as a crossroad between cultures and peoples. Paris has played an important role in the development and circulation of the works of authors and thinkers that have shaped the postcolonial imagination in a significant way. Drawing on their tradition of comprehensive and critical thought, the organizers seek contributions in the form of papers and panels that will continue to examine the intersection between culture, power and knowledge from within the framework of Cultural Studies.
The conference will also be hosted by UNESCO, the international organization that has always championed cultural diversity and difference. Given the long association between Cultural Studies research and UNESCO, this conference should be an occasion for Cultural Studies to look back on its own evolution as well as explore new scholarly insights.
• 12 WORLD-CLASS KEYNOTE SPEAKERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD will address the conference at keynote and plenary sessions. Among them, Sarah AHMED, Marie-Hélène BOURCIER, Jeremy GILBERT, Achille MBEMBE, Walter MIGNOLO, Bobby NOBLE, Phaedra PEZZULLO, Françoise VERGÈS. With the participation of Stuart HALL and Jacques RANCIÈRE (to be confirmed).
• STATE OF THE ART CONFERENCE TOPICS. All topics relevant to Cultural Studies, especially new and innovative areas of research are welcome.
• SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL NOW! The call for papers and organized panel proposals is now open. Check the submission guidelines and submit before September 30th, 2011.
• ACS ASSISTANCE SCHEME FOR CROSSROADS 2012. The Association for Cultural Studies will offer a small number of grants to assist participants from ACS under-represented regions with travel accommodation or registration expenses.
• ATTRACTIVE AND CONVENIENT ACCOMMODATION IN THE HEART OF THE CITY OF PARIS AND CLOSE TO THE CONFERENCE VENUES. Cheaper campus accommodation will also be available close at hand at the International Paris University Campus.