INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE: Call for papers
TRANSFORMING AUDIENCES 3
Online& Mobile Media, Everyday Creativity and DIY Culture
1-2 September 2011, University of Westminster, London, UK
Presented in association with ICA, IAMCR, ECREA,& the COST project
Transforming Audiences, Transforming Societies
The previous Transforming Audiences conferences, in 2007 and 2009, have seen this event become Europe's major recurring international conference for audience/user studies, bringing together researchers from all over the world.
Now we are pleased to announce that Transforming Audiences 3 will take place in central London in September 2011, welcoming researchers interested in all kinds of studies of people using media, including mobile, online, social and DIY media.
Keynote speakers include:
- Nancy Baym, author of Personal Connections in the Digital Age;
- Jean Burgess, co-author of YouTube: Online Video and Participatory Culture;
- Adriana de Souza e Silva, co-author of Mobile Interfaces in Public Spaces and Net Locality;
- Patricia G. Lange, co-author of Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out;
- David Gauntlett, author of Making is Connecting.
Deadline for abstracts: 21 April 2011